- Covers the structure of the home for materials, supplies, and Labor.
- Theft of building materials.
- Wear and Tear.
- Earth Movement.
- Covers structures not attached to the main dwelling.
- Cover unscheduled personal property within the dwelling.
- Property at other residences covered at 10% of limit or $1,000 which ever is greater.
Perils Insured Against:
- Fire or Lighting
- Windstorm or hail
- Riot or Civil Commotion
- Vandalism or Malicious Mischief
- Falling Objects
- Weight of Ice, snow or sleet
- Accidental Discharge or Overflow of Water or Steam. Damaged appliance or pipe will not be replaced.
- Sudden and accidental tearing apart Cracking, Burning or Bulging
- Sudden and Accidental Damage from Artificially Generated Electrical Current.
- Volcanic Eruption.
- Animals, Birds, or Fish.
- Motor Vehicles. (Except golf carts and go carts)
- Aircraft and Hovercraft.
- Property of renter’s.
- Business data
- Credit cards.
- Wear and Tear.
- Earth Movement.
- Money: $200
- Securities: $1,500
- Watercraft: $1,500
- Theft of jewelry, watches and furs: $1,500
- Theft of firearms: $2,500
- Theft of silverware: $2,500
- Business Personal Property: $2,500
- Property away from premises: $1,500
- Portable electronic equipment: $1,500
Loss of Use
- Covers the cost to live elsewhere while being repaired.
- Can also cover the fair rental value you would receive if livable.
- Debris Removal.
- Reasonable Repairs.
- Trees, shrubs and other plants. Up to 5% of coverage A. $500 a tree. Perils insured against: Fire or Lightning. Explosion. Riot or Civil Commotion. Aircraft. Vehicles not owned or operated by a resident of the “residence premises”. Vandalism or Malicious Mischief. Theft.
- Fire Department Service Charge. Up to $500. No deductible applies.
- Property Removed.
- Credit Card or EFT forgery. Up to $500. No deductible applies.
- Loss Assessment. Up to $1,000 included.
- Glass or safety glazing material.
- Landlord’s furnishings up to $2,500.
- Ordinance or law. 10% of coverage A.
- Grave Markers. Up to $5,000.
- Covers the insured for bodily injury and property damage they are legally liable to pay.
- Will pay for claim expenses, first aid expenses, damage to property of others.
- Covers the insured for medical payments they are legally liable to pay.
- Available Limits: $500/$1,000/$1,500/$2,500/$5,000/$10,000/1%, 1.5%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%.
- 2 percent wind and hail deductible required in the following counties: Bee, Brooks, Fort Bend, Goliad, Hardin, Harris County (excluding the TWIA area of the Southeastern portion of the county), Hidalgo, Jackson, Jim Wells, Liberty, Live Oak, Orange, Victoria, and Wharton.
State Auto Connect
- Allows insured to pay bill, view policy, print documents, ETC.
- Sign up required for each State Auto policy.
|Actual Cash Value – Wind Hail Losses to Roof Settlement||
|Additional Residence Occupied by Insured||
|Additional Residence Rented to Others||
|Assisted Living Care Coverage||
|Blanket Personal Property||
|Builder’s Risk Coverage||
|Building Additions and Alterations||
|Building Additions and Alterations – Other Residence||
|Extended Theft Coverage for Residence Premises Occasionally Rented to others||
|Farmers Personal Liability||
|Increased Fire Department Service Charge||
|Functional Replacement Cost Loss Settlement||
|Home Business Insurance||
|Home Day Care Coverage||
|Identity Fraud Expense Coverage||
|Increased Amount of Insurance For Property Located in a Self-Storage Facility||
|Increased Limits of Business Property on Residence Premises||
|Increased Personal Property – Other Residences||
|Livestock Collision Coverage||
|Loss Assessment Coverage||
|Ordinance or Law Coverage||
|Other Members of a Named Insured Household||
|Personal Injury Coverage||
|Personal Property Replacement Cost Loss Settlement||
|Refrigerated Personal Property||
|Scheduled Personal Property||
|Theft – Dwelling under Construction & Theft of Building Materials||
|Water Backup and Sump Overflow||
|Water Damage Coverage||
|Water Craft Coverage||
Miscellaneous Accessories/Detachable Equipment – Increased Limits (Pleasure Boat Only) – The basic policy limit of $500 may be increased. Refer to the policy for a description of coverage. Indicate limit increase during the quoting process.
H. Additional Equipment (Yacht Only) – Coverage may be purchased for furniture and equipment needed for the maintenance and use of the yacht. Combine limit with yacht hull value.
I. Uninsured Watercraft Coverage – This optional coverage affords protection for compensatory damages which an insured person is legally entitled to recover from the owner or operator of an uninsured watercraft. Use form WC0401.
UM Limit Options:
Boating Course Credit – An insured is eligible for this credit if he/she has completed a piloting/seamanship course offered by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary or U.S. Power Squadron. Proof of successful completion is required.
B. Membership Credit – An insured is eligible for this credit if he/she is an active member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary or U.S. Power Squadron. Proof of membership is required.
C. Fire Extinguishing System Credit – This credit is applicable for those watercraft with approved, built-in fire extinguishing systems which automatically discharge upon detection of fire in the engine compartment. The credit does not apply to portable, hand-held fire extinguishers.
D. Miscellaneous Safety Equipment – Credits are given for miscellaneous safety equipment. Qualifying devices include:
Ship to Shore Radio
Radio Direction Finder
Electric Cooking and Refrigeration Devices
Reduced Navigation Period – (Yacht Only) – Base premiums are calculated based on a seven (7) month navigation period, with the exception of Territory III, Atlantic and Gulf Coastal Waters where base premiums are calculated on a 12 month navigation period. This navigation period, whether seven (7) month or 12 month, may be reduced for a credit.
Multi-Policy Discount – This credit is available for insureds who have their automobile, dwelling fire, business auto, legacy home, seasonal/secondary or umbrella policy and homeowners policy written with the State Auto Insurance Companies.
Optional Deductibles – The basic premiums are for a $250 deductible. The following options are available:
Pleasure Boat – (Boat and Miscellaneous Equipment only – Applies to Physical Damage Only)
Yacht — (Yacht, Equipment and Auxiliary Watercraft only—Applies to Physical Damage Only):
|Premier Homeowner Coverage Endorsement||
|Protection Plus – Homeowner Coverage||
|Financial Stability Rating||
|Home Purchase Discount||
|Prior Carrier Discount||
|Protective Devices Discount||
|Smart Home Credit Discount||